THE LOCAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY AND THE LOCAL ACTION GROUP
DELTA 2000 is a Development Agency that works in the coastal area of Emilia-Romagna Region and in the Regional Park of the Po Delta, which was recently (2016) recognized as MAB UNESCO Reserve.
Set up in 1994 as no profit association, DELTA 2000 became a limited liability consortium in 1996. Today it has over 70 partners.
Currently he has been recognized as Local Action Group (LAG) which aims the strategy for sustainable tourism in Emilia-Romagna Delta through the care and enhancement of the landscape.
It was also recognized as Fisheries Local Action Groups (FLAG) of Emilia-Romagna Coast which has the objective of the qualification of the ports, the fish production, both of aquaculture and the fishery, in order to increase regional competitiveness, increase profitability of fishermen and fish farmers, contribute to maintenance and creation of new jobs in the fisheries and aquaculture, which also support diversification processes.
WHERE WE ARE
The LAG area covers 17 municipalities of which many are included in the Po Delta Regional Park.
The FLAG area includes all municipalities of Region Emilia-Romagna coast.
Integrated development of local resources and economic activities aimed at recovering local environmental, social and cultural resources. The objective is to start a local development process based on self-determination of local communities. By identifying local needs and implementing the necessary projects, we support economic growth and create new development opportunities, focusing our attention on local resources and needs.
WHAT WE DO
DELTA 2000 offers technical assistance to local institutions, associations and stakeholders in drawing up, implementing, coordinating and managing actions and projects in the framework of economic and territorial programmes. It also does technical and economic reporting on the projects.
DELTA 2000 involves all stakeholders at local level with a bottom-up approach: projects and development actions are decided “at the bottom”, with the participation of all public and private economic actors of the area.
OUR TOURISM CHALLENGE
The most important tourism territorial goal of the Po Delta area is to get one of the most important slow tourism destination at a European level. Slow Tourism means: people in charge of promotion are invited to “talk green”, besides “thinking green”. If communication within the tourism field is a crucial element, those who work in the promotion field are asked to become more and more socially responsible, to preserve the environment and to develop a kind of tourism that is sustainable. Therefore, the marketing techniques to be adopted not only will have to promote a product, but also to make a change in the public opinion and in the forma mentis of the traveler and of the SME’s that are working in the tourism sector. So it’s necessary to develop joint strategies between other partners to improve the competitiveness of SME’s by participative approach by public and private operator, to improve Green job for young people by a qualitative orientated and sustainable approach.
DELTA 2000 is a mixed company of 78 partners representing the main local institutions and economic and social stakeholders.
The total registered capital is 200.000,00 composed by 64 partners, 40 are from the private sector and 24 from the public sector.
Being DELTA 2000 a Local Action Group and an equivalent public body we don’t perform any economic activity. We project on several programs at European, National and Regional level and for the stakeholders of the area
- Environment and territory protection and valorisation of the environmental and agricultural elements of the territory
- Tourism – promotion of the potential of the Po Delta area
- Human Resources – cooperation with training centres for training and refresher courses
- Environamental didactic for schools- pilot activities and pilot project to improve the knowledge in the school (primary, secondary and universities) on green job, biodiversity and birdwatching activities, organization summer camp for universities students
- Integrated Projects – drawing up and carrying out integrated development plans aimed at enhancing and promoting the area; developing territorial planning and tools to integrated culture, tourism and agriculture
- SMEs and Craft – economic promotion and starting-up marketing
- FISH and aquaculture – qualifying fishing and aquaculture and the harvesting of marine areas
- Cooperation at transnational and interregional level.
THE STRONGEST POINT OF DELTA 2000
- Technical Background: the DELTA 2000’s staff is composed by collaborators, consultant and technicians with different formation so it forms a multidisciplinary team.
- Flexibility: DELTA 2000 has 7 employs and a wide structure of external collaborators that guarantee quickness and flexibility in the implementation of projects and actions
- Huge transnational know how and wide network of contacts: thanks to its previous experiences in the field of transnational cooperation project managing tens of European projects, DELTA 2000 has developed a very large number of contacts and relationships with private subjects and public bodies in all Europe.
THE TRANSNATIONAL COOPERATION KNOW HOW
Since its foundation DELTA 2000 drew up and took part in many projects transnational cooperation projects. Many of these were financed by the European Territorial Cooperation.
The most important participation in the 2014-2020 programming period as Lead Partner (LP) or Project Partner (PP) are:
- Lead Partner in INNOCULTOUR – IT-HR Standard+ call
- Project Partner in strategic programme CASCADE
- Partner project in TOURISM4ALL; VALUE ; EXCOVER
- Partner project in CULTOURECOVERY financed by CENTRAL EUROPE
- Project partner in TANGRAM project financed by ADRION programme
- PP in RURALGROWTH and RURALGROWTH FOLLOW-UP financed by INTERREG EUROPE
The most important participation in the period 2007-2013 in: project MEDOSSIC – MED Programme, as a partner; about the project DATOURWAY, DELTA 2000 was the lead partner of the strategic project, financed in the framework of the SEE Programme. In the framework of Italian – Slovenian Cooperation 2007/2013, DELTA 2000 was leading partner in the strategic project SLOW TOURISM, which includes 30 partners in the Italian and Slovenian regions. DELTA 2000 was also partner in the strategic project INTERBIKE, and, in the framework of ordinary projects, in the projects SALTWORKS and MOTOR. Also partner in project MUSEUMCULTURE – IPA Programme.